NTM Northwest Support

A Pacific Northwest support group for sufferers of Nontuberculous Mycobacterial (NTM) Infections and Bronchiectasis

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-17 20:57:35

tamarrillo2

Pseudomonas Aeruginosa

Hello everyone,
I have been diagnosed with Psuedomonas Aeruginosa and it is colonized in my right lung.  Cute This is in addition to NTM and Bronchiectasis.  I’ve been on the big three since August 2015.  In November 2017, I had IV treatments - 2 x day for 14 consecutive days.  The drug used was Cefepime.  The treatments kicked my butt.  It did help but didn’t get rid of the Psuedomonas completely.  Tests showed the numbers were smaller.  I continue to have a problem with green sputum.  Now waiting to hear back from Dr. Winthrop or Dr. Stnard at OHSU to see what else can be done.  I’m wondering if anyone else in the group has Psuedomonas Aeruginosa??

Tammy

#2 2018-03-18 07:54:01

Nancyr
Administrator

Re: Pseudomonas Aeruginosa

Tammy, I am so sorry you are going through this!!  I don't have anything to share since I don't have experience with that Psuedomonas bug, but likely someone in the group does.  You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there.......  You have great experts working with you.   Nancy in Colfax WA

#3 2018-03-18 23:53:45

tamarrillo2

Re: Pseudomonas Aeruginosa

Nancy, thank you so much for your reply and encouragement.  :-)  I’ve been reading about Pseudomonas.  It’s another one that’s difficult to get rid of.  But I’m encouraged by there being other antibiotics that can be used.  Will see what my doctors at OHSU suggest.  Thanks again, Tammy in Keizer, OR

Board footer